Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thoughts


 I just realized that "Gone" by Lisa McMann comes out February 9th!





I am extremely excited & also...yesterday  "Very Le Freak" by Rachel Cohn  came out. 


I am a huge fan of Rachel Cohn and I'll read anything she writes, except I haven't read "The Steps".  Oh well.
This brings me to my next point, I love strong, weird-normal, female characters.
Cyd Charisse for instance in "Gingerbread", "Shrimp", and "Cupcake".  I love her, she is the book character I "look up to."
Janie in "Wake", "Fade", and "Gone"  closely follows.

I remember when I first read "Twilight" I was so into it and was like "I'm like Bella".  Not so much anymore.  Sure I share some of the same qualities as Bella but not some of her annoying ones.

[I don't really know why this topic came to mind today.]


"Beautiful Creatures"
I've been reading this book for the past week [it's taking me awhile because I'm having trouble focusing].  Anyways, Lena Duchannes.  I'm trying to define her, I guess.  She's strong, but in a different way...?  But she's also vulnerable and scared.
Even though she is a Caster, she seems so normal.
It's strange, but in a good way.
I can't wait to finish it, I'm a little over halfway done.
Have a fantastic week!


No comments: