Saturday, April 16, 2011

Busy Baking!

I've been baking like a mad women this week.
I love it!
I've decided to sign up for a cake decorating class in June and so it has me pumped and I just can't stop baking.

Recently I made these Sweet Lime Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting, minus the 'sweet' part.
They were fantastic!
Probably the best cupcakes I've ever made; They disappeared within two days!
I don't have pictures of the final product :( but I do of the 'in progress' part.
Word of advice: Buttermilk does expire 2 months after it's best before date.  For some reason my mom and I questioned this and she tried a sip of the milk.
It was bad.
 The raspberry frosting was amazing! I consumed mass amounts of it.
 Have I mentioned my mixer and I are engaged?
The cupcakes are so heavy, but quite moist.
Mmm icing.


Wednesday I made cookies and rice crispy squares while listening to dub step music courtesy of The Boy.
Then tonight in a total of 3 hours I made a birthday cake with ganache frosting for my brother, oat bars and oatmeal chocolate chip muffins!
I really want to try making eclairs!
 A donut looking marble cake.
 Oat bars with chocolate and peanut butter.



Other than baking I'm really focusing on exercising and eating healthier.
I bought a bunch of produce, greek yogurt, sugar free jello (even though I'm not a big jello person, it's good for flavoring!), and egg whites. Oh and different kinds of chocolate chips :)
Does anyone else get excited about groceries?
I need some more food options though, or spices.

If anyone eats Quinoa how do you make it?
I eat mine with soya sauce.  But I'm trying to figure out how to make quinoa mac and cheese because I don't eat pasta a whole lot (makes me sluggish) or a curried quinoa.


Have a lovely weekend :)

3 comments:

Laura Wynn said...

Wow! You go girl! This is awesome!

Laura Wynn said...

Wow! You go girl! This is awesome!

Unknown said...

So glad you liked them!!! Even when buttermilk isn't expired it still tastes funky, kind of like cheesy milk. I learned that the hard way, too haha :)