Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dog Days Are Over

Fall is here!
It makes me so insanely happy!
You should see me when I'm driving and I see leaves blowing across the street, I'm the girl in the beater car grinning like an idiot.
Today would be a perfect day if it weren't for two things, being sick and having to work tonight, but other than that it was gorgeous!
Last night was windy (love) and extremely rainy (love!), then this morning things started out with fog (my favourite) and now it's an amazing sunny day.
I went out to a couple flea markets this morning.  I found, but didn't buy, teal suitcase for two dollars.
If I was a mother I would've bought a "vintage", white, cradle.
The word vintage amuses me, really it's just a nice word for old.
My Grandmother is vintage.  I'm going to tell her that, she'll enjoy it.
There was plenty of vhs tapes and dvds (no 'Hocus Pocus')

In a couple weeks I'm planning on checking out a corn maze, hopefully the boy will be up for it.
It's a very fall thing to do, in my opinion.
Oh yeah, he's coming to visit in two weeks for Thanksgiving :)
Is it bad that I'm going to ask for some days off that weekend?
Mainly because we have our dinner a day early and I always help out in the kitchen.
I'm planning on making an apple pie this year, maybe a pumpkin if I have time (I found out I made pumpkin last year....so we'll see)

I'm thinking of dying my hair red.
Not orange-red, or red-red but a dark red...but since my hair is already dark it should look more like red hightlights....I'm not sure yet, but everyone seems for it.
It's time for a change.
It's just, I don't dye my hair.  I've tried to go blonde twice in the past....never again, and then ended up dying it auburn which didn't look back.  Now my hair is all my own except for this little piece of blonde that just won't go away ever since I dyed purple streaks in my hair a few years back.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go...in an hour.
Title: "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + The Machine

2 comments:

Adrian said...

I love fall too! It's so pretty. My friend died her hair red and absolutely loved it, I'd say go for it!

Unknown said...

Oh, I like this song :) My favorite of her songs though is "You've Got the Love," I have some remix version I found online that I particularly enjoy. If your hair is already dark, I'm sure some red in there would look really pretty. Very fall-ish. I like fall too :) Going to a corn maze will fun, I haven't been to one of those places in the longest time.