Sunday, March 7, 2010

Getting Older

It's that time of year again.
I turn old.
That means it's also time to experiment with cupcake colors.
Every year for my birthday I make cupcakes, except last year because last year was....lame.
And every year I like to try something new, usually I experiment with color or decorating technique. 
This year I was inspired by Alice in Wonderland, which I've seen by the way.  It was tres awesome.

Tonight is also the Academy Awards.  I haven't had a chance to sit down and think of what trends will be on the red carpet this year, like I did last year. 
Maybe some one shoulder action?
Hmm.
For some reason feathers just popped into my head.  If I see feathers tonight and I mean feathers then I'll be happy, not that I like feathers but I like being able to predict.
I almost have my ballot filled out.  I wish I would've seen The Hurt Locker and Crazy Heart....and Up and The Princess and The Frog.
But what can you do.
Have and excellent Oscar night =)
I'm getting dressed up in a bit and I'm excited.  
Darn, I should've made an Oscar cake.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Those cupcakes look so delicous. I'm glad you liked Alice and Wonderland because I was going to go see that probably this weekend. Hope you have a wonderful Oscar night.