Monday, December 5, 2011

What Is Love? (13)



There was a point in my life where I was perfectly okay with myself.
Recently I actually looked in the mirror and cried because I loved my body.

I love how I felt, I loved how it moved and I loved how it looked.
This feeling never lasts for long.
It's unfortunate.

So here I am again, learning to love my body.
I'm eating relatively clean because I love my body and I want to take care of it.
It doesn't like milk so instead I drink almond milk.
It hates fast food so I have completely erased it from my diet.
It decided it no longer wanted carbonated beverages in it so I cut out soda.
I'm taking care and loving my body.
This is the body that was given to me, it is mine and I will treat it with respect and listen to what it needs.

This year has been the healthiest I have ever been and you know what?
I feel healthy, I feel clean, I feel strong.

I have an obsession with strength and I have always wanted to be strong emotionally and physically.
I once had my tea leaves read and she told me that I had come back strong and that now I was a warrior.
I think that's what first spiked this obsession with strength.
The fact that this lady looked into a cup and knew what I had been through and could see that I came out a better person was amazing.
I needed to keep that strength.
I needed to be a warrior.

Sure I had many, many more ups and downs.  More downs than ups and worse than before.
But having downs makes you more stronger than having the ups, in my opinion.
I'm getting off track here.

What I'm saying is that I love my body and all the amazing things it does for me everyday.
Sure, sometimes I'll look in the mirror and scoff at my love handles or cringe at my boy-ish shape.
But all of that is part of who I am and I need to learn to love that every day.

Lack of posts lately due to trying to remain strong and dealing with life.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

This post made me smile :) I know exactly how you feel about not loving your body but just having those breakthrough days where you actually think you look good and it just feels awesome